Holy Trinity School, Calne, was established by a trust deed dated 17th May 1866, as a Voluntary Aided Church of England School, initially called Trinity National School. The site was given by Lord Lansdowne and the cost of building was between £600 and £650, provided mainly by voluntary contributions. Mr Harry Blackford served as headteacher from the 1880s until 1914.
We became an academy school on the 1st May 2012.
The original Victorian building remains, although much altered and extended. Significant additions were made to the school in 1961, when the new hall was built, and a few years earlier when the 6 main classrooms along the front of the school were added. The adjoining school house is now a private dwelling.
In 2002 the Trinity Centre for autism was opened. Since this time one class (year 6) has been housed in a semi-permanent classroom. For many years the school has had a stable intake of about 30 children in each year group, leading to 7 classes and a roll of around 210. Extensions to the 5 classrooms at the front of the school were completed in the summer of 2010, creating large, bright teaching spaces. The school celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2016.
Holy Trinity celebrated its 150th anniversary in September 2016.