Teaching Assistant working 1:1 with a KS2 child
Salary range: £19, 171.08 (SCP 06) Per annum/pro-rata
Hours of work: 3 Mornings a week (Monday and Thursday – 8.45am -12.15, Wednesday 8.45am – 13.15pm) – 11 ½ hours overall
Contract type: Temporary NPA
Closing date (and time): Tuesday 15th October 2019 at 9am
Interview date: Friday 18th October 2019 – timings to be confirmed
Commencement date: Monday 4th November 2019 (although we can be flexible)
We are seeking to appoint a committed, highly motivated teaching assistant with energy and enthusiasm to join Holy Trinity. The position of Teaching Assistant is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and compassionate individual support our learner in a wide range of subjects across the curriculum.
• To have a growing understanding of autism and social communication needs and appropriate strategies to support pupils with this need.
• To have knowledge and understanding of social, emotional & mental health needs and cognitive needs, that affect children and young people’s development.
• Excellent listening skills
• An ability to build strong, trusting relationships
• To be resilient and able to take regular responsibility for agreed learning
• Promote and support the inclusion of all pupils in the learning activities
• To use positive and personalised behaviour management strategies
Holy Trinity is a popular, forward-looking and happy church school. Staff are very supportive of one another and work hard to maintain children’s superb attitudes to learning. We have excellent teaching across the school. Children’s attainment and progress is very good and standards are high. As a Church Academy, we have a strong Christian ethos.
A visit to Holy Trinity is important, please contact the office on 01249 812424 to arrange a visit and a chat with the Headteacher. Our school website is https://www.holytrinitycalne.co.uk
We are a stand-alone academy but have chosen to employ all our staff on the same terms and conditions as local authority schools.
Holy Trinity Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure And Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed
To download a person spec please click on Person spec teaching assistant
To download an application form please click on Application Form- Teaching Assistant for a 1-1 KS2 child