Covid 19 UPDATE

Covid 19 UPDATE

Dear Parents and Carers,

There have been confirmed cases of Covid 19 reported in our local school community including both primary and secondary schools.   We would therefore like to remind all parents of the procedures surrounding Covid.

Lateral Flow Tests are used to detect Covid 19 in people who do not have any symptoms of covid (Asymptomatic).  If you have a POSITIVE lateral flow test you must arrange for a PCR test to confirm and you and your household/bubble must self-isolate until they receive a result.

In the event you or your child develops symptoms please arrange to have a PCR test (NOT a Lateral Flow test).

You can arrange a PCR test by visiting or by calling 119 and remain at home with the rest of the household while waiting for the result.

If the test is positive, the individual will need to isolate for at least 10 days from the date when their symptoms appeared. All other household members must also stay at home and not leave the house for 10 days. This includes anyone in your ‘Support Bubble’ – defined here - The 10-day period starts from the day when the first person in the house became ill with coronavirus symptoms.

Household members should not go to work, school or public areas and exercise should be taken within the home. If you require help with buying groceries, other shopping or picking up medication, or walking a dog, you should ask friends or family. Alternatively, you can order your shopping online and medication by phone or online.

Please see the link to the PHE ‘Stay at Home’ Guidance:

Symptoms of COVID-19

The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:

  • new continuous cough and/or
  • high temperature and/or
  • a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)

Symptoms of the new Delta variant also include headache, sore throat and runny nose.  

Due to the Delta variant being more transmissible and the increase in positive cases in the Calne area we would ask parents to be more mindful if they or their child is feeling unwell.

If your child does develop symptoms, you can seek advice from NHS 111 at or by phoning 111.

Further Information

Further information is available at